75100385

there,My uncle is been served with a notice of seeking

Customer Question

Hi there,
My uncle is been served with a notice of seeking possession housing act 1985, section 83 as amended by the housing act 1996 2 days ago. The landlord is a local authority in London.
It says possession will be dough on grounds 1 and 2 of schedule 2 to the housing act 1985. Ground 1 is being relied upon because he breached the condition 31 of his tenancy agreement and ground 2 for some incidents with the law in 2013-2014.
The letter says that court proceedings for the possession of the dwelling of the house can begin immediately. The date he should give possession is 6th of April 2015.
My question is, if they start immediately is it a date (more or less) when the court hearing will e set? How long can this take? Will it be immediately after the 6th? He is been told he can give possession of the house now if he wants but he wants to go to the hearing and fight for it. He is been living there for more than 10 years
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know what type of tenancy contract you have ?

JACUSTOMER-3gbo0y1q- : He is a secure tenant
Alex Watts :

Wha were the incidents that happened in 2013/4?