12826847

what shall i do if i been reported to police by group of people

what shall i do if i been reported to police by group of people who i suspectedly wanted to get back at me or with a grudge and how can access a police report as a proof of names of people who does report me. please help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Jo C. :

What do you want proof of names please?

Customer:

just to validate my queries so that i can proceed to the next steps

Jo C. :

Which are?

Customer:

file a case i feel I've been bullied and conniving against me.. just to justify my suspicious.. I am mentally stress and paranoid that they always watching me to commit mistake and my kids will be taking away from me

Jo C. :

They are not going to give you this information just for the asking.

Jo C. :

If they prosecute you then they will have to disclose it as you need to answer the charge.

Jo C. :

If they do not though then they will not tell you.

Jo C. :

You could seek an injunction from the court forcing them to hand over this information. They will defend it vigourously and there will be cost involved.

Jo C. :

However, it is likely to be decided in your favour.

Jo C. :

You will have to show that there is a cause of action against the complainants though.

Jo C. :

If there are repeated allegations then you could found a basis in harassment.

Jo C. :

If there are limited allegations then you would have to rely on defamation which is very expensive.

Jo C. :

In the meantime you could subject a freedom of information request to the police for copies of the CRIS reports but they will refuse or if they do supply them they will black out the names and addresses or any other identifying information.

Jo C. :

The only way to force them if they refuse is by order of the court.

Customer:

just wanted justice....these people know me they are circle of friends and they knew i had a previous problem with social service... they like to tarnish my reputation .. i am very worried this people are vindictive.. i have no family here just my kids

Jo C. :

If the police are not acting on this information then I would not worry. It will all disappear into nothing.

Customer:

you are saying that i do not have a chance...how i wish i can discuss with you so that you can get the bigger picture...this people are known to be a trouble maker nobody stand up to them they utilised gov. service .. a cunning way to get back on people in expense of someone difficult circumtances

Customer:

so what would you suggest just let it go

Customer:

hello are you still there

Customer:

thank you jo

Jo C. :

Not necessarily.

Jo C. :

False accusers do have to stand to account now.

Jo C. :

it is just that you will need a court order to get that information.

Customer:

what are the steps if you do not mind

Jo C. :

Jo C. :

But probably you would get them to disclose.

Jo C. :

The question is then what do you do with it.

Jo C. :

And that is something you can really only tell when you have the CRIS reports.

Customer:

that is why i wanted to do right not just fall accusing them

Jo C. :

Yes.

Jo C. :

If the police haven't invited you in for interview then what is the evidence that any allegations have been made at all?

Customer:

in accessing the cris is that only filling up the form via online

Customer:

they visited my premises .. the anonymous caller or allegedly concern citizen reported me about my kids.. that they where abandoned.. the police did refer me to social service and i am under the scrutiny of social services ...Jo to be honest I am a mum afraid to loss my kids.. the social service is very helpful and the report side on our favour because the kids are not indeed abandone

Jo C. :

If it is anonymous then that changes things.

Jo C. :

Anonymous reporting is genuinely anonymous.

Jo C. :

An injunction will be pointless. They will not have their details.

Jo C. :

it is a very contentious means of detection as it does encourage false reporting.

Jo C. :

There are lots of false reports to settle old scores in my opinion but with anonymous reporting vexatious accusers don't even have to put their name to it.

Jo C. :

it does have the plus though of being no real evidence.

Jo C. :

Ultimately these accusers are not going to give evidence against you. Unless the police or SS independently find evidence against you there is no case.

Customer:

but according to ss they will report to lido because iam working in health care service which cater safe guarding children

Customer:

your insight is indeed enlighten me

Jo C. :

Report you to who?

Customer:

LDO

Jo C. :

Sorry?

Customer:

anyway jo, as the way i presented to you and your answer are sum up the chances of knowing the culprit of this event.. I just assumed that all those people reported me because of past incident and accumulation of series of incident and other victims .Due to a fact that they are the people know me in an out ..but it is ashamed that i can not proved otherwise.

Jo C. :

If this is genuinely an anonymous report then there won't be a way of unearthing them. The police won't have that information.

Customer:

thank you...

Jo C. :

No problem.

Jo C. :

All the best.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice