75100385

My wife has a PPI claim currently being investigated by the

My wife has a PPI claim currently being investigated by the Ombudsmen. At the time of her claim she was employed full time but she was also acting as company secretary to my Limited Company. The Ombudsmen has requested further information regarding her role as Company Secretary. Can anyone explain the relevance of this request.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know have they said why they want the information?

Customer:

Hi Alex,

Customer:

The exact wording is as follows: I am looking into your complaint about the way the business sold you a PPI policy. I have gone through your case file and need some more information from you to assess it properly. The information I need is about your employment status when you took out the policy, in March 1996. I can see that you were employed by the Purley Medical Practice as a practice manager at the time, and that you were also the company secretary of Mac 4 Action Hire Ltd. Please could you provide me with further details about your role as company secretary? (for example, was this an active role in the company, what were your duties, how many hours a week did you work in this role. Please provide as much detail as possible

Customer:

Hi Alex

Customer:

Hi Alex are you still online?

Alex Watts :

But nothing else other than that?

Customer:

Hi Alex, no that is all he has asked

Customer:

I was wondering if the company secretary role would render her technically self employed and therefore ineligible for payment in the event of a ppi claim

Customer:

Hi Alex, any news?

Alex Watts :

Yes I have given this some thought.

Alex Watts :

Technically if you own more than a certain % they may consider you self employed.

Alex Watts :

Assuming you were getting paid of course.

Alex Watts :

If it is not a paid position then I do not think you need to worry

Alex Watts :

But if you were employed and own a % of the business it is possible it may affect your claim

Alex Watts :

But you should provide the required information.

Alex Watts :

If the bank/lender does not give you all the PPI back you can issue a claim

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer:

Thank you very much Alex. Most insightful and extremely helpful