75100385

I recently received a call from HMRC stating they had

Customer Question

I recently received a call from HMRC stating they had not received any contact following the issuing of a notice of winding up when I had never received the letter.
2 days after the call I received the letter which was not posted to the business address but to my personal home address with the business addresses postcode.
The date the letter had been generated was the 26th Feb but not received until the 5th of march being the date stated they would apply to the courts.
I explained on the phone that my accountant was away until Monday the 9th of March and I needed to check the figures with them prior to payment.
Obviously if the letter had been received earlier and to the correct address I would have had more time to deal with.
My quesion is two fold.
1st have they followed the correct procedures in the issuing of the notice and 2nd of I make a part payment will this stop any further action until I can meet with my accountant to check the remainder.
Steve
Alex Watts :

Hello Steve my name is ***** ***** I will help you with thi.s

Alex Watts :

Have they applied to wind up please yet?

JACUSTOMER-d3jl9qqz- :

Not as far as I am aware. The letter stated the 5th but when I spoke to them I explained I would send something and should be in there accounts tomorrow.

JACUSTOMER-d3jl9qqz- :

She stated to call Monday with the details of payment etc

Alex Watts :

Ok - so this is just the demand, is that right?

Alex Watts :

Have they served a statutory demand or was that the document you have not received?

JACUSTOMER-d3jl9qqz- :

I received a notice that stated if money was not paid within 7 days the winding up will begin

Alex Watts : But it is just the notice to propose a wind up you have not received? You have everything else?