UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

have put in an application wife in

Customer Question

Hi have put in an application for EEA4 for my wife in November 14, still have not had it back/approved. She and our 3 children are meant to be travelling to Japan for Easter holidays on the 27th of March.. Booked flights ages ago etc. I can request the documentation back, apparently it takes about 10 days, but will the application be then cancelled ? Also how will she be able to return to the uk on the 19th of April?.. As booked. My wife is Japanese I am Irish all out children born in England, have lived here for more than 6 years in Gloucestershire. Many thanks
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
The application will not be treated as withdrawn if you mKe a request for to return of documents.
You should submit the application for return of documents as soon as possible and send in an explanation that your wife is due to travel and also send copies of the airline tickets as proof.
The application may be treated as priority as it has been over 3 months since you lodged it.
See here for internal guidance on how your case will be handled
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/264983/chapter10.pdf
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for this, will they put something in her passport to allow her back into the country when She returns with the kids on the 19th of April ..?I'm just worried they will stop her entering the uk even though she lives here !
I am afraid I cannot say what will happen when she comes back to the UK, she may be allowed in, she may not be, as she will not have a valid visa/residence permit.