Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I have been investigated laundering,and unknowingly

I have been investigated for money laundering,and unknowingly I did for a scammer.My bank has closed my account and now am having difficulty finding a new bank,am I blacklisted from all banks now and for how long?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Have you checked your credit file?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did try this morning but had to pay for it,so gave up

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
You need to check your credit reference files with Experian, Equifax and Call Credit.
They charge £2 each for a statutory report which you should receive within 7 days after paying for the service.
The reports will identify any issues that may have been recorded against you. This is the prime document a lending agency will go to in order to decide whether you should be given a credit facility.
Any errors in the report you can apply to have corrected.
It is unlikely that you will be blacklisted by all banks but if there have been money laundering issues in the past then banks will be reluctant to take you on as a customer. Too risky for them.
But the starting point is to check your credit files first.