12826847

,I live in a one bed flat on the top floor (2nd floor)

Customer Question

I live in a one bed flat on the top floor (2nd floor) of a block of flats. Our stairwell has 6 flats and the whole development consists of 24 flats in total. I am a lease holder and have also been on the board of directors of the residents association for at least 6 years. This takes up a lot of my spare time but is worth it as it keeps me in the loop of things.
I have a bike that I usually keep in my flat (it is a folding bike) but in the past year have had a lot of DIY going on so temporarily kept my bike outside my front door. It wasn't causing an obstruction to anyone as I am on the top floor. Now, our rules and regulations state that I cannot do this....hands up!
The landlord of one of the ground floor flats (he lives in a different part of town) called our property management company to complain about my bike, they in turn advised me of the complaint by email. I wrote back explaining my reasons for keeping my bike in the hallway and once my DIY was completed would move it back into my flat. I gave an approximate time frame that I promised to keep to. This was accepted by the management company and the other directors, and was also passed on to the person complaining (Joe). He would not accept this and said as a director I was suiting myself with regard to the rules and regulations. Joe was once a director on the residents association but voted off for being ineffective. He is also a retired trade union official.
He started bombarding the management company with phone calls and also started calling the other directors at home in the evenings complaining and bad mouthing me. I sent him a rational email via the MC explaining the above and also asking him to stop bothering the other directors at home and gave him my email address so he could correspond with me directly. I did not feel comfortable giving him my phone number. I heard nothing back from him. The phone calls and bad mouthing continued so I sent him another email basically repeating what I had said in the first one.
I kept to my promise and moved my bike indoors. A month on and the phone calls to the others continued even though he knew at this point the bike was gone. I then received a very patronising email from him basically regurgitating the whole story. I wrote back and told him his behaviour had reached nuisance level and if it continued I would have no option but to seek legal counsel. I told him the matter was closed and not to contact me directly again.
Yet I still received more of the same. Now, I know this guy has not threatened me but that doesn't stop me from feeling harassed and bullied. As a landlord he has a key to the main door so can come and go as he pleases. This makes me feel very uncomfortable and concerned for my safety. As I feel he is constantly lurking around. Legally where would I stand if I installed a cctv camera outside my flat door, facing the stairwell. There is another flat opposite me. Also, how do I stop this harassment as I know he is just waiting for my next 'slip up'. I have received permission from the MC regarding a cctv camera but want to make sure that legally I am allowed.
Sorry for the length of this letter but felt it was important to include as much detail as possible.
Regards,
Grainne
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I can wait. Thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. Just curious as to why it is taking so long, as when I submitted my question, I was alerted to the fact that there were 5 solicitors online at the time.
Yes I will wait, will there now be a reduction in price due to the delay?
Grainne
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It may be that this question was not in the area of expertise of anyone online at the time.
If you let me know how much you would like refunded, I can process that for you.
We will continue to look for a professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would now like to cancel my question and have my payment refunded. The length of time to find someone suitable to answer my question is unacceptable. Regards, ***** *****