UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Therei am currently on tier 2 general visa , i am due

Customer Question

Hi There
i am currently on tier 2 general visa , i am due to apply to ILR in 30/6/15.
going through the application form , one of the requirement is a letter from The sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant's last grant of leave must certify in writing that:
(i) he still requires the applicant for the employment in question, and
(ii) his employer certifies that he is paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors published by the UK Border Agency.
My question is : my current contract end in 06/08/2015 , my sponsor is happy to issue a letter with the required details but will state the last date of my current job which is as i said 06/08/15.
will this affect my application ? i mean if written in the letter they still want me in the job till 06/08/15
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
I believe that it will not effect your your application , provided at the time of application your are still required to be employed with them. Of course the home office wants reassurances that you will not be relying on benefits as soon as your obtain ILR that is the reason they are for them to write that you will still be employed.
The best way around this would be to submit evidence that you have been looking for alternative employment and the amount of salary that you will be commanding for the post , this will assure the home office that you will find employment and at a rate which will prevent you from claiming benefits ie over £18,600.00
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.