75100385

I have just received a letter from Staysure advertising their

I have just received a letter from Staysure advertising their services. As we had used them five years ago, when we were going on a cruise, I naturally went through them for a quote on our forthcoming cruise, only to be told that they hadn't heard of us and that the Validation Certificate that I quoted wasn't theirs. This is very worrying and I wondered if you could suggest to whom we should go this time Would you recommend that I do it through my Bank on a credit card?
Many thanks ***** (Mrs)
Alex Watts : Hello Gina my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : When you said not heard of you, do you mean details of the previous policy 5 years ago?
Customer:

Yes. I went first to "Talk to Tim" (a new section of Staysure) and they couldn't find our name anywhere so they put us

Alex Watts : Yes indeed. It may be that after a period of time they delete your details. But I would not be too concerned, but certainly you should purchase your credit card as you will be protected from any breach of the merchant under section 75 of the consumer credit act.
Alex Watts : The law only requires companies to hold data for a reasonable time.
Alex Watts : That is not defined as to what is reasonable.
Alex Watts : But I would not be too concerned it may be innocent
Alex Watts : But yes pay on your credit card
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

YES. I went through to "Talk to Tim" a new section of Staysure, and they said "that they couldn't find our name anywhere but they would put us through to Staysure. The girl I spoke with took some time and eventually had to admit that she couldn't find the Validation Certificate Number that I had given her. I then became worried that we had paid the money but were not covered for travel insurance. Should I now go to the Bank and do it on my credit card?

Alex Watts : Yes pay on credit card.
Alex Watts : Does ghatnhelp
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

I have an appointment with my Bank at 10.30 this morning and would like your advice before then - if possible!

Customer:

Well I was worried when I heard that that wasn't their Validation Number - who's was it!!!