75100385

Iam a land lord planning to run a rent review against the wished

Iam a land lord planning to run a rent review against the wished of the tennant . the tennat threatend to put an inction on the process claiming the review is done .
can we object to the injction and present our case
Alex Watts : Hello my name Alex and I will heko you
Alex Watts : help you with this,
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether this is a private or commercial lamdlord?
Alex Watts : i assume the sgreement allows for a rent review please?
Customer:

yes private and yes agreement allows

Alex Watts : There is a set procedure for private landlords. You need to serve a proper notice to increase the rent which gives the tenant the right to go to the rents tribunal. The rent tribunal will then decide what the rent should be. But you can't increase the rent without giving proper notice and the right to appeal.
Alex Watts : However if the tenant tries to apply for an injunction given the nature it will be on notice and you will be given a court date for the application
Alex Watts : You can then go and object, it should not be granted without you being given an opportunity to make representations
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

basically it is either the tennant is not telling the truth or the previous landlord . previous landlord produced a sworn affidavit against tennat claim and tennat refused to do the same in 9 months

Alex Watts : Indeed. But you can object to an injunction.
Customer:

thank you .

Alex Watts : You will be given notice of the hearing
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

yes thank you . Good service :)