UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have discovered that a person has set up in the same

I have discovered that a person has set up the same type of business as myself in the same district. The person has used the same colour in their  business heading and has used a picture of trees, which is the same theme as my website. Is there anything I can do ? The same person has approached the same magazine that I write articles because they want to write for that magazine also.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
It appears that this person may be in breach of your copyright and/or infringing your trademark.
I would suggest that you contact this person and ask them to cease and desist copying your website or brand theme.
A solicitors letter may be more effective rather than you writing the letter yourself.
Hope this helps