75100385

, my son aged 52 and a sufferer from

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
my son aged 52 and a sufferer from MS has been the subject of four complaints over the last months by his neighbours in the flat above his of public disorder offences consisting of shouting banging on doors and his ceiling swearing and at 5 AM on 6 February this year of abuse including threatening to kill his neighbours.
On the first three occasions police officers visited him and he denied the allegations. The police said that as there was no evidence either way there was nothing they could do about the matter. My son had no knowledge of the complaint regarding 6 February until the police rang him on 8 March to ask him to attend voluntary at the police station to make a statement. I rang the police on 8 March and spoke to the constable and asked him what would happen if my son declined to attend the police station as requested the police constable told me that if my son did not attend the police station for interview he would be arrested and brought to the police station. I then accompanied my son to the police station as a consequence of being told that he would be arrested if he did not attend. I considered that my son was attending the police station under coercion in these circumstances. At the police station my son was cautioned and questioned under caution as a criminal suspect. Despite the police officers saying that there was no evidence including the one conducting the interview my question is can the police arrest anyone they like without evidence of any crime and question him under caution as a suspect and have the police violated my son civil rights?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please just confirm the police had receive complaints even though at that stage had not investigated?