75100385

Alex - I am the claimant in a fraud and theft of copyright

Alex - I am the claimant in a fraud and theft of copyright case. I have an injunction against the four defendants. I filed committal proceedings against them back in November (they had a stay on the main case until January 5th). However the court has not dealt with the committal, and seem to be disregarding this.
What is the best way of me dealing with this
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Has the court listed the application please?
Customer:

No, We went to court for directions in September, whereby the judge stated that I had used the wrong form - he then told me I had to re-submit it using N78 (I think that was the one we used), which I did on 23rd October. The court office stated, when I telephoned them that they had received it and that it had been put infront of the judge. We have not heard anything else since then.

Customer:

We had a new set of directions heard on 17th February, but the judge didn't mention the committal at all.

Alex Watts :

What was the directions hearing for?

Customer:

The defendants wanted the original one varied, basically they wanted me to number up the committal paperwork so they could use it in the original file, i.e. so they wouldn't have to pay for all the copies of the files on my document listing (hope you know what I mean). I said I was not prepared to re-number it so they filed an application - the judge said I had to - but could include the cost of my time in the case.

Alex Watts : Did you mention the application at the directions hearing?
Customer:

no, all he was interested in was the application, I felt a bit intimitated

Alex Watts :

Ok, you need to write to the Court and ask them to relist the application.

Alex Watts :

Then it will be relisted or referred to a Judge.

Alex Watts :

If it is not then you can make an application that it is relisted.

Alex Watts :

But write to the Court ask that the application is relisted or the file is referred to the Judge for directions

Alex Watts :

Customer:

That's brilliant, will do that. Have a good day xxxx

Alex Watts :

And you. If I could ask you to rate my answer as always before you go today please.

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply