29905560

I have to leave my job due to cash going missing,I was given

I have to leave my job due to cash going missing,I was given the cash but can't remember what I did with it I am manager of a very busy company. What do I do say I took it ,pay something back What ?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. firstly can you tell me how long you have been with your employer and have you been suspended over this incident please.

Customer: Have worked for them as a manager for 8 years,it's a small company and family run,I have resigned before I was suspended due to misconduct ,can they continue with the investigation if I no longer work there
Ben Jones :

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in a tribunal today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you this afternoon. There is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you

Customer: Thank you very much I have a meeting with the MD tomorrow morning so all your help would be great.Need a conclusion to this horrible situation.
Customer: Iam unable to see you answer
Customer: Please answer this ASAP Please as I have a meeting at 12 noon tomorrow thank you
Ben Jones :

Hi, sorry I did respond earlier but for some reason it did not register so I will try again – this should hopefully reach you in good time before the meeting tomorrow.

Even if you have resigned you will be expected to serve your notice period and during that time you remain an employee of the company so they could carry on with the investigation and if needed they can even dismiss you before your notice period expires. Whether they do that is unknown at this stage as it does depend on their investigation, the evidence they find and the disciplinary they should hold so it is too early to say whether they could end up dismissing you.

If you are adamant that you want to leave but want to preserve your reputation and your relationship with the employer as best as possible then you may wish to discuss the position honestly with them. Tell them that you accept the cash as given to you so you are not hiding anything but be honest that you simply cannot remember what you did with it. Assuming you have a long and clean record with them you should bring this to their attention and remind them that you have not had any problems in the past and this was a one-off incident which was not due to dishonesty, rather due to absent-mindedness.

If you are willing to repay the amount that has gone missing you may do so – it could show that you are genuinely concerned about this and want to make amends. Sadly you cannot force the employer to accept this and put an end to this matter in that way. In any event, it is also about discussing this with them and showing remorse, trying to come to an amicable outcome that satisfies both parties. It does however depend on the employer and how they see this as well as what they are willing to do in this situation Each employer will be different so I cannot say how yours will respond but in general this is an acceptable and reasonable way to try and deal with such a situation.

I hope this clarifies your position? If you could please quickly let me know that would be great, as it is important for us to keep track of customer satisfaction. Thank you

Customer: Thank you that helps.will let you know later
Ben Jones :

you are welcome

Customer: Hi Ben just returned from my meeting,Explained that I had no idea what happened as I was under a great deal of stress.they were very good and we parted on good terms
Customer: Now looking for a new job,but ha ho !!!
Customer: Thank you for your advise being honest was the best policy
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'