Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I was contacted by fastline legal services in Spain that they

Customer Question

I was contacted by fastline legal services in Spain that they would get compensation for me for money lost by buying properties from instant access prperties who had gone into liquidation. I pain £ 1100. Are they really able to get the compensation for me?
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question, I will assist you with this.
I have heard of this company before and I am afraid what I have heard is not good.
Before I give you the full answer, can you tell me:
how did this company contact you?
what was the £1100 paid for?
when did you pay it?
when was the last time you heard from this company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

pain the money about 1/12 ago. yhey phoned me in oct 14 and knew all about the properties I had lost money on. the money I paid was for translation. spoke to them today and Donna smyth there was happy to speak to my solicitor in Spain.

Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Apologies for the delay, I had to go offline.
There have been a number of issues with this company and formal notices have been placed online about the company by the FCA (http://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/fast-line-legal-services); Mindtimeshare which discusses scams people often find themselves unwittingly involved in (http://mindtimeshare.me/2012/11/28/fastline-legal-services-the-cold-calling-legal-advisors-from-spain/) and this company has been highlighted as a scam.
I have researched them online and on their website and also with the Colegio de Abogados in Malaga.
This firm is NOT a law firm nor does it appear that a lawyer named MARIA DEL CARMEN RODRIGUEZ is registered with the Colegio de Abogados. However, I can confirm there does exist a lawyer named MARIA CARMEN RODRIGUEZ MAÑAS who practices in Torremolinos.
It is illegal for law firms in Spain to cold call clients and this firm is definitely not a law firm. I would suggest it is akin to claims management companies in the UK.
I would seriously question their ability to be able to obtain compensation for you, but I cannot say with absolute certainty that they cannot. There are people who have suggested they have succeeded in obtaining compensation with this company but from what I have read they have waited more than 12 months to see any results from this.
This is a dubious firm at best. It has had serious questions raised, particularly as they are charging this upfront "translation fee" which a law firm would not.
Sorry I cannot give you a definite answer but I hope this advice assists you.
Kasare, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would want to know what sort of compensations were successful and how can I get phone number of the lawer who you say is practising at present.

Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I cannot say how much compensation you would be getting. That information should have been provided to you by this company based on your circumstances.
The lawyer likely only speaks Spanish, hence why people use interim companies.I can provide you with the details I have located for this lawyer, but I would be grateful if you please accept and rate the answer I have provided thus far.
Kasare, Solicitor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

needs to know tel and email of their solicitor . also how many cliets havegot compenastion successfullu ,in what context . How can I find out how instant access properties Ltd have lost their case to fast line solicitors/ what can I do to get translatos details/ Thanks Dr K Khare

Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr Khare
Thanks for your reply. I would not be able to tell you how many people have been successful in claiming compensation with this company. This and your other questions are something that you really should have asked this company for in the beginning, including real testimonials, prior to paying money to them.
You should contact them and ask for this information.
As for the solicitor mentioned, here are her contact details:
Maria Del Carmen Rodriguez Mañas
Cno. El Pinillo, 22
29620 Torremolinos
Malaga
Tel. 0034951923859
Again, before you contact her, I would suggest you put all your queries, including requesting full details of cases - successful and not - and the lawyers contact details from Fasl Line.
As I said earlier, they are not a law firm/solicitors - they state Legal Services Provider which can be misleading, but is clearly not Abogados registered and authorised by the Colegio de Abogados in Spain.
Unfortunately, a lot of people have said this is a scam company and it may well be true. Ask the questions of this company.
Good luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the trouble taken . I asked donna Smyth if I could have a copy of translation . she said I could have it all after the case is over. I will ask all my questions in email as advised by her.I do need to know about Instant Access properties insolvency and any report in papers in Spain. I will take it up when I am back to work after this holiday week.

r

Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi, you have paid for this translation - you have a right to know that this has been done. After the case is simply not good enough. I would insist on being provided a copy. Advise them you are concerned as to the authenticity of this matter and want full copies of all correspondence and documents sent to you.