13262538

My wife and I have been married years. Today we have

Customer Question

My wife and I have been married for 24 years. Today we have sold our house which we owned with no mortgage or debt. My wife purchased a house in her name with part of the proceeds of the sale. And the remainder of the money being paid to me. I have been pondering over either divorce or separation for years. And feel that now is the time for me to make an exit. We have no children. my wife purchased the house for 280,000. Which leaves 180,000 in my account. I was intending to give her 20,000. And walk away with 160,000. And leave her a letter explaining myself. But not notifying her of my whereabouts. Can I legally do this without the courts putting a block on any of my bank accounts or assets that I may have at a later date.
How much was actually received from the sale?
What income do you each have?
Do you wish to have an immediate divorce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My wife is retired. And I am currently out of work.

How much was received?
Do you want an immediate divorce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought I just answered this question. WE both received £475,000 from the sale of our house. From that my wife has purchased a house worth £280,000. Leaving after costs around £180,000. Of which I intend to give my wife a further £20,000. And leave with the remainder. MY wife is retired and receives a state pension only. I am currently out of work. And when working should receive £20,000 a year if fully employed. I am not intending on a divorce as yet. And further do not expect any money from my wife at any time either. Nor will I be asking for any.

Thank you for that
I gather that there was £475,000 in total and your wife has already received £280,000 and you intend to give her an extra £20,000 making a 63/37 division in her favour
What Pension provision do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I have been online with you for 2 hours so far. And still haven't had a final answer to my initial question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been online waiting for a conclusion now for nearly 3 hours. And you have gone silent on me. If I don't receive a satisfactory answer within the next 10 minutes I shall be ringing up my bank and cancelling my payment to you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

none

My apologies for the delay - I have been away for the computer for a while
Your offer is a generous one and you can simply move away if you wish.
It woudl be safer to have a financial settlement within divorce proceedings dismissing all future claims but given the settlement it is unlikely that your wife will have any further financial claim on you
Please ask if you need further details