12826847

A year ago we ordered an expensive ***** ***** kitchen. The

Customer Question

A year ago we ordered an expensive ***** ***** kitchen. The fitter advised us to employ the fitter separately as it would be slightly cheaper. In hindsight this was bad advice as I wasn't happy with the finish and were at his convenience as to when he could call. Loads of things still niggle me but the final straw was a cupboard door which kept slipping as the screw won't (and can't )hold the weight of the door as the finish is very heavy high gloss but the carcass is chipboard. He came to take the door off on 30.12.14 and said he would order a new one. I text him last week and he said it wasn't in. I know we're at at his beck and call but my question is do ***** ***** have any responsibility OR would they say the problem lies with the fitter?
On the face of it you are describing a fitter issue.
If the fitter was acting at their direction then they would be liable but you seem to accept that you contracted him independently and so they are not liable.
If it is a product issue then that is different and ***** ***** are liable but that is not what you are describing.
However, you do have a very good claim against him and he can be pursued at the small claims court if he will not respond to your attempts to resolve this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Although the fitter is dragging his heels over rehanging the door and repositioning the hinge I do feel the weakness lies with the carcass as it is made from chipwood! We have a top of the range kitchen constructed from an inferior shell. Can we use this fact to get some redress from JL.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If we think the carcass is sub standard as its only chipwood and cannot withstand the weight of the heavy gloss door how can we post this out to JL.
if you think it is an issue with the products then just complain to JL. They will investigate.
If needs be then you could sue them but it is not likely to come to that.