12826847

MY bother is the executor of My Mothers Will - this is all

Customer Question

MY bother is the executor of My Mothers Will - this is all happening in the UK and I am living in Australia. In the Will I get 40% and my brother gets 60% of the house sale excluding taxes etc. The house was on the market and SSTC. The house has been taken off the market for over a month. I have ask what is going on, but the solicitors dealing with the Will does not speak to me on the phone or answer my emails. I am sure I have some rights as I am a beneficiary.
I am worried that I will not be paid my share of the money.
I have not spoken to my Brother for some years - how ever when I saw the house had been taken off the market - and the real estates told me they were instructed too by the Solicitors, I rang my brother , as I thought there must be something very wrong.
I spoke to my bother 3 weeks ago and he said he was in a psychiatric ward for depression and Alcoholism. He is not answering any more of my calls.
I do not know if he is still in the Hospital.
I do not know what is going on .What are my rights and what should I do!
Also What is the procedure if an executor of a Will is not of sound mind.
Thank you ***** *****
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Do you know if Probate has been obtained?
When did your mother pass away?