75100385

my 99 year old aunt lives in council run home yesterday she

my 99 year old aunt lives in council run home yesterday she was taken toilet at 4pm and at only approx. 6pm did the alert go out for her. she had been forgotten in the toilet for nearly two hours. was found unconscious on the floor of the toilet and it took paramedics nearly two hours to answer an emergency call. she is in hospital with major stroke what legal steps can I take please as I am so angry at the care neglect of care and attention she received resulting in hospitalisation and maybe death .....miss malveena robinson Leicester
Alex Watts :

Hello Malveena my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know what is it you want to achieve?

Customer:

aunty lost her respect, and possibly her life... her well being in the short term is now restricted due to suffering a major

Customer:

stroke and now she is unresponsive. some one has to be held responsible for the insufficient care she has received

Customer:

and negligence - this is supposed to be a care home and yet she was left on the toilet for two hours unmonitored

Customer:

completely forgotten. what I want to achieve is for someone to take the blame........

Alex Watts :

So you want an apology or compensation?

Customer:

no compensation - this cruel neglect warrants a damn big apology and punishment for those that deserve it.

Alex Watts :

You need to write to the Chief Executive of the Council and lodge a formal complaint.

Alex Watts :

They will investigate matters and come back to you.

Alex Watts :

If that does not resolve the complaint then you can take it to the Local Government Ombudsman. They are independent, offer a free service and can investigate your complaint. Their website is: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

Customer:

thank you so so much for your time... so very kind of you to point me in the right direction

Customer:

Malveena

Alex Watts :

I am very happy to help.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply