31090051

My Grandmother passed away last week. Her son has decided

My Grandmother passed away last week. Her son has decided to cremate her and scatter her ashes on his Dads grave. The WHOLE family including his children know that is not her wishes. My Grampa's grave is for 2 people and for the last 20 years Nan has told us she is being buried with Grampa. I am sure this is all stated in her will. My Uncle is now claiming that the funeral details are up to him, although when you challenge him, his angry reaction is full evidence that he knows he is in the wrong. He had power of attorney but surely her wishes still should be met. Is there any way we can contest his actions and allow Nan her last wish?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Power if attorney ends on death. The executor of the will should follow the wishes of the will unless there are good reasons not to.
You would have to go to court and ask for an order stopping the funeral. This is expensive but can be done.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.