Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my boyfriend and I split up when I was pregnant and he has

my boyfriend and I split up when I was pregnant and he has nthing to do with my twin girls. He wouldn't come when there births were registered so his name is ***** ***** the certificate. is thee any way to get his name put on the birth certificates without his consent, I do have dna records that prove he is the father
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question, I will assist you with this.
Is there a reason you want his name on the birth certificates?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i jus thnk that it is not fair on them to have unknown when he is known and I don't see that he shouldn't be

Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi Hannah
Thank you for the further information.
You can re-register your children’s birth at a later date if you want to add the natural father’s details to the birth record. Once this is done, if you want new birth certificates you will have to order them.
However, if the natural father is unwilling to co-operate with a re-registration application, then the only way that you can re-register the birth to include his name is ***** ***** Court Order declaring that he is the father (Declaration of Parentage).
You can apply for the Declaration through a family solicitor, or by making a Court application yourself. If you are representing yourself you will need to complete application form C63. You can obtain a paper copy of this form from your local Family Court or here - http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/c063-eng.pdf
Once you have this Order, then you would need to complete this application form - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/222509/dg_176555.pdf
I appreciate your position on this, but simply because he is not named on the certificate is not evidence that he is unknown, nor will it make him participate in their life and upbringing, furthermore, the fact that he is not named on the birth certificate does not prevent you seeking maintenance from him.
I hope this assists you. If you have any further questions regarding this please ask.