12826847

I am renting a house, room-by-room. I have rented a room

Hi I am renting a house, room-by-room. I have rented a room to a couple. They paid 1 month in advance and 2 weeks deposit. I did a AST for 6 months. I took the contract away in order to photocopy it. I went to the house a week later to drop off some furniture. The tenant asked me for the copy and i told him I forgot it at hoe. He became very aggressive and started to argue. I left because he made me scared.
Now he keeps on pestering me for the copy of the contract, but I said to him we need to meet up and talk about it.He refuses to meet until i gave him the copy. I feel scared to see him and i want him out because of this.
What can I do? Can
Also do I have to give notice 24 hours before I bring someone to view the other rooms?
Can a member of my family live in one room?
If i live there, would that make them lodgers rather than tenants?

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what information do you need

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still waiting for your answer.

Do you need more details?

I need to know what you would like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to know the answer to my question which is: can i ask them to leave or do i have to get possession order. They want a contract. Do i have to give it to them?

Can a membet of my family go and live there?

If they are subject to an AST then you do need to give them a copy of the contract although if you did not it is not likely they would sue. That would not mean the contract doesn't apply though.
If these are self contained rooms then a family member can live in another one.
If you moved back to the property they would still be tenants as that was the position at the time that you rented to them.
You actually need to give them 48 hours notice if you intend to visit the property and they have the right to refuse if it is not convenient unless there is an emergency such as a gas leak.
If you want them to leave you will need a possession order and if they are on an AST then you will need to show S8 breaches. They cannot be asked to leave an AST unless they are in breach.