12826847

, As an owner of a small cosmetic business, must I

As an owner of a small cosmetic business, must I offer a refund to consumer claiming to have gotten an allergy from one of my products? and if so, for how long since he purchased the Item? if it's been over 3 months?
No. It is not your fault he has contracted an allergy.
You are only liable if your products are faulty under the SGA or they cause personal injury. If he has an allergy then that is not your fault. That is something he always had or has recently developed. You did not give him an allergy.
Your products may have caused him to have an allergic reaction but that isn't your fault either because you cannot be expected to know of his allergy.
In any event, I don't know how he thinks he will prove causation.
There are people in this world who just find compensation hunting more acceptable than working for a living like the rest of us.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Does your answer also apply if he has a letter from a GP?

or if the sales representative recommended the product for him?

Thanks again

Moran

All a letter from a GP would do is prove he has had a reaction or has a general allergy.
Even if the salesmen did recommend the product, unless he told him that he had this condition then there is no negligence and so no liability.