31090051

I am currently not working firm but have my PC in place.

Customer Question

I am currently not working for a firm but have my PC in place. What insurance do i need to have in order to give legal advice or do legal work from home
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : Do you have authorisation from the SRA to work as a sole practitioner? Or will you be working remotely for a firm with authorisation?
JACUSTOMER-kg55zaxq- :

Dear *****,

JACUSTOMER-kg55zaxq- :

I have a conditional PC which stops me working as a sole practitioner. I am working for a firm at present as they would need approval from the SRA to employ me. I was thinking more of an advisory service from home as oppose to a law firm.

Alice H : OK. I am unclear of the solution to your particular situation so I will opt out. Another expert might be able to help.
JACUSTOMER-kg55zaxq- :

OK. I was lookign forward to some helpful answers.

JACUSTOMER-kg55zaxq- :

Can I work or set up office as a Consultant. What special license do i need for this?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to wait for a substantive answer or else it is pointless paying for the service as i am no wiser than i was when i first asked for help

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Do you want to work as a solicitor? if not, what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to work as a consultant not necessarily through a solicitors firm. What are the requirements if any to practice as a consultant either

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What kind of consultant and doing what specifically?