Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

iIf my wife and I give the house that we have owned and let

iIf my wife and I give the house that we have owned and let out for the last eight years to our daughter and son in law what fees do we incur for the change of ownership. They will be occupying the property.
John Dothie
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

On the basis that there is no Mortgage on the property, the procedure is pretty straight forward. You would need to instruct a Conveyancing Solicitor to prepare a Land Registry Transfer document which is then signed by all parties and registered at the Land Registry.

Your Solicitor wil charge between £250-350 plus VAT and there will be a Land Registry fee of £20-£100 depending on the value of the property.

I hope this assists but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information. How is the value of the property established? Is there no stamp duty payable?
John Dothie

Hi John,

If no consideration is being paid (ie it is purely a gift), there is no Stamp Duty to pay.

Kind Regards

Al