31090051

My car got repossessed from black horse finance and i have

Customer Question

My car got repossessed from black horse finance and i have been given misleading information. The car was sold and the remaining balance is £6450 which i owe. I have made an arrangement to pay £150 per month which they are happy with. My experian credit is showing default and i have not been notified. The last letter i received stated that credit file agency MAY be instructed if i don't pay. The last paragraph stated that i can pay by instalments and i have made an arrangement of £150 per month.
Now can they legally still instruct credit agency to apply a default over an amount which is being paid to them.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes they can, because you were in default. That's why the car was repossessed to start with.
You might be paying it back but that is under an arrangement which post dates a default which they will put on record, I'm afraid.