Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Planning permission 2 storey extension has been given

Customer Question

Planning permission for a 2 storey extension has been given despite the plans materially not complying with planning guidelines, for which the planning case officer gives no explanation. The consequence of this decision means that our property is impacted through loss of daylight and sunlight. Do I have reasonable grounds for challenging the decision?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask please whether you have yet made a formal complaint to the council regarding your concerns?

Joshua :

If the plans go ahead will you suffer a material loss of light through any of your existing windows? If so is your house older than 20 years?