12826847

My twin sister, who is a lawyer, took over my mother's estate

Customer Question

My twin sister, who is a lawyer, took over my mother’s estate 6 years ago when my mother went into a home. She, my sister, and her husband hid the finance information for quite some time and sold my mother’s house without consulting me. Still, I have only photograph copies of some information, but do have access to main account.
A power of attorney was set up [to be eventually registered] roughly 9 years ago and this was conveniently lost even though it was in my sister’s solicitors’ workplace where the power of attorney was stamped.
Years have gone by where another power of attorney was ordered eventually after discussion through my solicitor and my sister’s new solicitor. This took roughly a year. Presently, my sister decided, after being asked again to register it through my solicitor, to retract herself from it as joint attorney with myself. This has now gone through. My sister has told my solicitor that she can’t work with me and that my mother does not need anyone to look after the finance…roughly speaking.
My solicitor is a really lovely person and does not believe that my sister will do anything untoward, as she would loose her licence. But this is already untoward. I need some clever advice to direct me.
DEvans
Who currently holds Power of Attorney?
Does your mother still have mental capacity?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The original power of attorney, which has not been implemented, is with my sister. And the second copy of the power of attorney registered with the court is with her also.

No, I don't believe my mother is now in mental capacity to change this. I am dealing with a very cunning situation.

I am an English teacher [rare bread now-a-days], my sister is a lawyer with a retired policeman husband who retired when he was 42 and he is now 70. He has 2 children and I think he is bullying my sister, as he has not worked much.

My farther's estate, which protected my mother and us as children is being robbed; I believe. I am going to be the loser!

Dianna.

Has the attorney actually been Registered at the Court of Protection