13262538

myself and my girlfriend took out a 12.000 unsecured loan with

myself and my girlfriend took out a 12.000 unsecured loan with the halifax plc ,then me and her split up and they set up for me to pay my half of the loan .i paid 6.000 back and the girlfriend had gone bankrupt and never paid her half .so when i had it out with the bank they sold the rest of the debt to a third party and refused to talk to me. i have not paid any more money and refused to enter into a agreement with the new debt collectors who were not interested in what i have said. can you help me please as even after 2years they still write and phone and txt me none stop.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know what is it you would like to achievea.
Customer:

i just want to no if i can stop the debts calling me as the bank are to blame. have you read my quest

Customer:

i have been waiting for my answer for a wile ?

Alex Watts :

Sorry I was stuck in Court.

Alex Watts :

Did the agreement say you were joint and severally liable?

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that the news is not good.
Any loan that is taken out in joint names IS taken out on a Joint and Several basis which means that the loan company can recover the money form either or both of you as they please
Unless they confirmed in writing that they would accept the £6,000 in full and final settlement of your debt to them then I am afraid that you are technically still liable
However if they do not take court action and you do not acknowledge the debt for more than six years then the debt will be unenforceable.
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.