13262538

I am seperated from my husband I have my own business which

Customer Question

I am seperated from my husband I have my own business which was established 15 years prior to my ex husband and a mortgage which is in my name. I have paid all the bills from my wages from my account and never had a penny towards any bills. He is now saying that he invested £17,000.00 into my company which is untrue and I can prove this to be so the only stupid thing I did was put him on my business cards never down as a Director or company secretary and I never gave him any shares the company is still registered in my previous name this company was started with my late husband
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
What is the extent of the assets and debts and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Clare,

We got together January 2011 he moved in September 2011 we married in August 2012, I have a son who is eight and classed as disabled from my previous marriage.

He`s claiming he invested £17,000.00 to my company he had a car that was purchased by my company which he made fourteen payments of o/s to my company for running costs of the vehicle etc comes to £20,000.00 which I can show with a paper trail.

He never contributed to any of the household bills whist he lived in my home which I can also prove through bank statements and wages of mine that were paid in each month to my account.

My income is £1500.00 a month before tax my ex husband is on £120.00 per day Mon to Fri.

How much is the business worth?
Who owns the matrimonial home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The company is worth approximatley £60,000.00 and the house has always been in my name and I have always payed the mortgage.

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage (and I do note that it has always been yours)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The house is worth £140000.00 and there is £90000.00 left on the mortgage.

Whilst yours is a shorter relationship to which your ex brought very little capital it is still long enough for him to have acquired an interest in the Matrimonial Home, and on that basis a settlement of £5,000 in full and final settlement of his claims is not unreasonable and frankly fighting over it could cost you a great deal in time and emotion if not in cash (assuming you deal with the matter yourself)
However any such payment should only be made if and when there is a signed agreement that this is in full and final settlement of his claim - or better still as a sealed Order within Divorce proceedings
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details