13262538

, I am about to move in with my partner and we are going

I am about to move in with my partner and we are going to buy a house together. I have a house in my name which I may sell in order to buy a house together. She has two children age 9 and 7 they would live with us and I have 2 children age 15 and 10 currently living with my ex. The 10 year old may come and live with us. At what point do we become common law partners. And what would happen to assets, liabilities of support of children etc. If there was a subsequent breakup?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
There is no such legal entity as a Common Law Partner.
If you do not marry then in the event of a split any joint assets will have to be divided between you and you will each retain assets in your sole name.
If you wish to protect the extra investment in the property then you should ensure that there is a Declaration of Trust confirming the shares in which you own the property.
This does change if you have children together or if you marry
Please ask if you need further details