29905560

if l sack can my employer tell benfite people why l am sac

if l sack can my employer tell benfite people why l am sack
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Yes the employer can advise the benefits office a to the reasons for your dismissal. That is because the benefits office will need to know the reasons why you are out of work and are claiming benefits. Of course whatever the employer tells them will have to be truthful and they cannot lie about the reasons for your dismissal.

Ben Jones :

I hope this clarifies your position? If you could please quickly let me know that would be great, as it is important for us to keep track of customer satisfaction. Thank you

Customer:

if l give my notice in.do benfite office still ask my employer.

Ben Jones :

are you likely to be sacked whilst you work your notice period?

Customer:

no.if give notice first.

Ben Jones :

yes but you can give notice and whilst you are working your notice period you can still be sacked , for example for gross misconduct

Customer:

if l tell benfite people why l sack, will they not give benfite.

Ben Jones :

it depends on what happened, for example if you are dismissed for misconduct, your income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) may not be paid for 13 weeks and in some cases for longer. This is called a sanction. You can appeal against the sanction, or may be able to claim a hardship payment instead

Customer:

l try to claim cares allowance.

Ben Jones :

carers allowance should not be affected by this as it is a different type of benefit

Customer:

l going tell you now why might get sack.l am cares l do home visting why l did ladie l hurst her arm l said sorry to her so next day l had complain from my office from ladie what l did l write all down give to office they have supened me. that why l ask you about cares allowance what it affected it.

Ben Jones :

carers allownce is not affected by a dismissal - you are only going to be affected if you seek income support of some sort, like jobseekers allowance

Customer:

oh but will get income support late like you said 13 week. you see need that to.

Ben Jones :

it may be delayed if you are sacked for misconduct offences, as mentioned even if you hand your notice in the employer can sack you for gross misconduct in the meantime before your notice period ends

Customer:

l have put my notice in yet.thank you for help me becauce l was so worry about it.

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, hope it works out

Customer:

so l wait till get sack.l hope l get the income support to.

Ben Jones :

well no you don't have to wait to get sacked, if you think that they may decide to dismiss then you can hand in your notice and hope that they just allow you to leave rather than sack you

Customer:

thauk you.

Ben Jones :

no problem

Customer:

oh have to wait for other meeting with office .

Customer:

l take down to office tom. my notice thauk again

Customer:

have wait till here from then went we have meeting.but l take down my notice tom