12826847

I have taken court action with regard to a dispute of a tenancy

Customer Question

I have taken court action with regard to a dispute of a tenancy of the property. Basically I paid an advance of rent of £425 on 23rd August. The tenancy agreement was signed in readiness but not dated. However the Landlord then requested a bond but as this was not agreed prior to signing the agreement and we decided not to proceed with the Tenancy. . We have put forward two offers saying we would accept a reduction. This was mainly because we did not want to make things difficult for my mother and the landlord's sister who work together. However the Landlord will only return half the money. We have issued court proceedings and the Landlord has put in a defence again only offering to return half and saying she will not pay court fees or interest because it should never have gone to court. In her defence papers we think there are errors in the income she claims to be receiving. She has put that she is only receive £175.16 per month for the property that we were going to rent for £425.00 a month. We want to point this out to the court. We do not feel it is right she should keep half our money for a tenancy that did not commence, the document was not dated and we never had keys. Can we do this if we return the paperwork to the Court requesting the matter be taken further.
Are you asking if you can claim the funds back?