29905560

I wold like to pursue a diamond company that has cheated me

I wold like to pursue a diamond company that has cheated me by supplying almost worthless diamonds at a tenfold price. The company has closed down. How can I obtain the director's address?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Companies House now allows directors to only provide a correspondence address, which is not their personal address, so they are unlikely to have it if the director wanted to hide it. The company is not obliged to provide the address due to data protection. So you could use something like the Electoral Register search from www.192.com if you know the person's name and place where they live. Or you could also get a private investigator on the case as they are rather good at finding out such information and for them it should not be too much bother to do so

Customer:

I would like to ask a supplementary question, which I was told I could do. Can I get a court order for the company to disclose the address of the director?

Customer:

If so, what form do I request from the court and is the registered address of the company, where I would have to send it, obliged to pass it on and answer it?

Ben Jones :

such an order is unlikely and the money you have to spend to try and pursue it would be more than you would pay a private investigator to do the work for you, which is something they do very often and would be your best bet

Customer:

Do you have a private investigator in mind?

Ben Jones :

we cannot recommend anyone but there are plenty of them around - this would be bread and butter work for them - any one you approach should be able to help. You can search for accredited investigators here:

http://www.theabi.org.uk/

Customer:

ok thank you

Ben Jones :

you are welcome