75100385

. I had car accident today. Was reversing from parking space

Hi. I had car accident today. Was reversing from parking space backwards and apparantly there was a car just behind me parked on a fire exit point on a driveway.The man was in a hurry as I find out latter so at the moment I looked bck there was no car there and while I was looking to the right and left and mowing backwards slowly he managed to park the car on a driveway and run in to the office. I bumped in to his car whilst he was away. Is it only my fault though? He basically blocked me. He parked where it is not allowed and blocked other drivers to pass through as well. I have more than 10 years driving experience am always carefull and never had such a ridiculous situation. Do not know what to fill in the insurance form as I do not feel that it is only my fault.Please could you advise me. Thank you.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether the other car was stationary or moving?
Customer:

The other car was stationary with hasards on. He write down this on the slip that provided me. You do not leave hasards on if you park in parking space though.

Alex Watts :

Sadly if the other car was stationary then you will be deemed to be at fault.

Alex Watts :

If you are moving and in particular reversing then the duty is on you to take extra care when undertaking such a manouvre

Alex Watts :

There is an argument for contributory fault though if he sneaked into a space. You would expect him to wait for you to complete the turn.

Alex Watts :

But the majority of the claim will be on you for hitting a car that was not moving

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

well tahts the point when I looked bck there was no car. He was so in a hurry just dropped it and run in seconds

Customer:

oh well. I was still advised do denide my fault by the insurance company so they can do this 50/50 thing. Have no idea what that is

Alex Watts :

I am sorry. But must have got in when you were not looking - and that is sadly the point.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry its not better news

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

I gusess that will be it. Thank you for your advise

Alex Watts :

I am sorry its not what you want to hear.

Alex Watts :

Have a good weekend and unless I can help further can I ask you to rate my service before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply