75100385

I live in social housing and recently made an appointment

I live in social housing and recently made an appointment for a service engineer to carry an annual heating service as required by law. I had to take an unpaid day off work for the appointment. The service engineer did not turn up for the appointment nor did he inform me that he would not be attending. Would I be entitled to compensation for loss of earnings ?
I have also recently found out that this work could of been carried out in the evening or weekend when I would not of had to take unpaid leave . the landlord did not inform about this when I made the appointment . so can I make a claim for my lost earnings ??
Yours
Simon
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Alex Watts : did they know you were taking a day off?
Customer:

Yes informed that I would have to take a day off work to allow them access to heating system.

Alex Watts :

Then Simon yes you can claim for loss of earnings.

Alex Watts :

Clearly if they did not know you were taking a day off then you could not expect to be compensated.

Alex Watts :

But if they knew that it was reasonable to assume it was in the minds of the parties when the appointment was made.

Alex Watts :

So yes you can claim for this as it was their fault they didnt turn up

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thanks very much for your help.

Customer:

All the best

Customer:

Simon