31090051

My dad owned a caravan and told the holiday camp it was on

My dad owned a caravan and told the holiday camp it was on that he wanted to sell it. They said they were not interested in buying it themselves, but would get the best price they could for him from 3 outside traders. They said the best price they could get was 8 grand. My dad reluctantly agreed even though he thought it was worth more. A couple of weeks later they sent him a letter saying that they were now buying it themselves for 8 grand if my dad agreed. They then sold the caravan for 23 grand a couple of weeks later. I think they ripped off my dad, but I don't know how he stands from a legal point of view.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I think that is misrepresentation and fraud. Your dad should see a solicitor about suing for damages. As his agent they deceived him as to the value of the caravan for their personal benefit.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.