Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Getting a huge termination fee from my broadband supplier,

Customer Question

Getting a huge termination fee from my broadband supplier, was told it would cost £34.10 over the phone due to my loyalty, but got an invoice of £172.32. Also they are not being helpful in letting me speak to the Customer Service dept with whom I negotiated my exit strategy with.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if this is a business or residential agreement please?

Joshua :

In either event am I correct to assume you are seeking to leave your agreement part way through a minimum term agreement?

Joshua :

You refer to a negotiated exit strategy you agreed with the broadband supplier. Are you able to tell me exactly what was agreed? Was that agreement provided to you in writing or just over the phone?

JACUSTOMER-9g5r92aj- :

Hi Joshua,

JACUSTOMER-9g5r92aj- :

Im a residential customer

JACUSTOMER-9g5r92aj- :

I had a phone agreement and don't ave anything in writing

Joshua :

Thanks for the above. Could you tell me what agreement you reached with customer services?

Joshua :

Would you like to proeed any further with this question?