75100385

I really don't know why I am writing this as I already know

Customer Question

I really don't know why I am writing this as I already know the answer deep down. However, I have recently been scammed by a Binary trader and lost many thousands of pounds it seems. Approximately half of the investment was made via credit card which I hope to get charged back and the other half was via an internet wire from my savings account. I have the full details of the account where the money was sent, but the trader concerned is appearing somewhat illusive. Is there anything that can be done?
I have reported to the FCA, SFO and Action police
Is he UK based?
Are you asking if you can sue him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well the company is called Tradersking and the representative I dealt with is Michele Zappos. She is believed to be Greek and lives in both London and Amsterdam.

I am just looking to see if it is possible to recover some of the investment as the balance currently stands at 53k USD.

Are you in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am from the UK but presently living and working in Dubai. I am an expat essentially.

OK. Are you able to return to sue him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately not due work commitments, although will be back for one month in approximately 3 months time.

It is a lady who I dealt with but I am not sure that is even her correct name. The chap who owns the company is from Dubai allegedly. The police are aware and will be investigating in due course.

Is there much chance with these kind of illusive slippery characters?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much have you lost by wire please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Approximately 24000 USD by wire and 14 by credit cards
Do you know this persons address? Physical address that is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately not as they seem very illusive!
Sadly in that case you can't sue and issue proceedings.
All you can do is let Action Fraud and the Police investigate. You can only issue civil proceedings if you know where they live.
I am very sorry.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know what your thoughts are on the use of Private Investigators but I feel like tracking these fraudsters down. They have links to Gibraltar allegedly??

Also, is there anyway that you know of which could enforce the bank to refund my wire transfers?

Thanks James

Hi James
Sadly no, the bank are not liable. The bank did not make an error, I assume you instructed them to transfer the money in which case they are not guilty of anything.
PI are good and you can take further action then.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi alex,

Yes thank you that does help.. There maybe a chance I can get the wire transfer back as the recipient bank legal team has got involved.

Maybe I can treat you to a coffee when I am next back in the UK. ;-)

Indeed.
If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen
If you need more help please click reply