Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Both parties have agreed that a 7 year lease, drawn up by a

Customer Question

Both parties have agreed that a 7 year lease, drawn up by a Solicitor, on a shop property, which expires on 31st March, can be renewed on exactly the same terms, with the annual charge continuing to be adjusted in accordance with the Retail Price Index.
Will an exchange of letters to this effect be sufficient.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 20 years experience. I will try to answer this.

LondonlawyerJ :

I can be sufficient - you do not necessarily need to draw up a documents formally headed "contract" to make a contract. However, an exchange of letters must be rpecise and accurate and clear and make it clear what the terms of the agreement is. If there is any doubt/lackof cl;arity then htis cna led to disoutes later on. YOU might be better off getting a lawyer to draft a formal agreement for you.

JACUSTOMER-6otxbypu- :

Your spelling mistakes and poor use of the English language, ie 'what the terms of the agreement are not is' causes me to question your answer.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.