Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

, Is there any way I can find out whether my elderly mother

Hello, Is there any way I can find out whether my elderly mother has changed her will in the last year. She made a will out a few years ago, then she changed it about 2 years ago now she is talking about new beneficiaries who weren't included in her 2nd will. I don't need to know the details of the will, just if she's made a new, more recent one.
I do know who her solicitor is. Could I ask them?
Sarah
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I am afraid a Will is a private document, until the party dies, when it becomes apublic document (once Probate has been granted).

Therefore, unless your mother is prepared to disclose the contents of the Will to you, there is no way you will be able to find out if she has made a new Will.

Her Solicitor is bound by client confidentiality, so even as a beneficiary, he/she will not disclose if your mother has made a new Will.

Sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

Al