12826847

I invested £5000 and was supposed to get £500 bsck

I invested £5000 and was supposed to get £500 bsck for x6 months then get my £5000 back. I gave the money dec 2013 and should have got lump sum back last june 2014. I only got £500 once then nothing for months. they saud ge coukd not afford to give me my lump sum back and can only afford to give me £20 per week which I have been getting. he said he would ensure that he will pay me more or pay me all of my money by the end if the year. I keep asking for updates and now he is ignoring me.
I signed a contract but looking back at it it probably isnt worth the paper its written on. I feel so embarrassed that I trusted him. I need the money back for ivf treatment which I only have this year and next as I am 46. I didnt want to rovk the boat but he is stringing me along. really upset about it.
please help. I dont even know if he lives at the same address and worried if I rock tje boat he will dissappear and I wont get anything back.
please advise.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is this person based in the UK please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes but originally from burundi im Africa..he says he is a prince and has a facebook page regarding this..also has a personal facebook.page and his consultancy page

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an address for him? Don't give it to me but do you have it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it was on the contract.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

his company is still active with companies house snd he has not submitted any accounts last year but my money was paid into his account dec 2013. he is mot registered paying council tax against the address I have..there are also two business addresses. sorry only just realised should have emailed earlier.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Is your contract with him or with the company?
If the company, is it limited?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

with him only his company is Ltd but not mentioned in the contract.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Just send him one letter setting out your position. Demand that he pays you X sum or begins paying within 28 days. Make clear that if he does not you will sue.
Obviously it is not likely that he will pay but it is important to send out a letter before action.
If he does not pay then sue him here
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
There will be cost involved as this sum exceeds the small claims court and you may be unable to recover if he goes to prison as a result of the criminal matters. However, if you do not get a CCJ then it will always be impossible to enforce against him so it does put you in a position where you can act.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thankyou for your advice. if I claim will I get my money back. it will cost me just under £500 fee is it worth paying? sorry to be a pain by asking you this. are there any guarantees.if he cannot pay me anything what happens with the court do they demand thst he pays a small amount weekly monthly etc if he cannot give full amount? how long will it take?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You will certainly get judgement in your favour but whether you get the money is another matter. The truth is that some debtors are worth more than others and there is a risk that he could be a man of straw.
However, if you do not sue then you will get nothing.
Given the amounts and the circumstances you describe I think I would probably sue and take the risk that you would bear.
In truth there are never really any guarantees with legal action.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one last thing. if it goes to court and they make him.pay a small amount monthly if he declares poverty or all.of it he has to pay it right?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
He can't escape by declaring poverty.
He may well get to pay a very small amount monthly but that is better than having nothing.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice