13262538

Good evening. I have been called f**** **** by my partnre's

Good evening. I have been called f**** bi**** by my partnre's ex-wife
nprovoked ,while I was holding my 2years old daughter. She was sending abusive txts and emails calling me names for 3-4 years now but never directly to me. She was sending them to my partner who now block his phone and emails. She has now started to abuse me directly. What legal action can I take? Thank you
Was this in a public place?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, when she was dropping my partners kids she came to the door ( she has never done this before) saw me and looked me and shouted f.. Bit... My partner was there and their 4 children.
This is not really my area then. I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you. What will happen next?
How old are your partner's children and could the handovers happen elsewhere?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes very often he gets them directly from their house, on some occasions she is dropping them off. She was usualy sitting in the car, only last time she came to the front door. They are 14, 10 and 9. The oldest boy(16) is living with me and my partner as he couldnt stand living with his mother. Thank you
Given the ages of the children is there any need for her to bring them to the door?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, and that is what scares me, they where always walking from the car themselves. I am scared now everytime i open the door thinking it may be her throwing bleach in my face or what is worst my baby daughter!! She threaten killing me and my partner in emails and txts about 2 years ago. About three years ago one of her many boyfriends call me directly calling names and abusive phrases. My partner then identified the number as his ex-wife's home number.
Every time since Friday ( when the abuse took place) whenever i leave the house i look through my shoulder scared she will hit me from behind or throw stone or something at my daughter. She was abusing us earlier but through txt, emails, to other people not directly to me, when came to the door it was the first time i was in such a shock i didn't know what to do. Her kids heard this and tried to be apologetic but i couldn't calmed down all night . She actually came to the door!
Whilst I do understand you anxiety at this stage there is nothing that you can do.
She was verbally abusive but it was a one off incident.
Obviously if she actually threatens you again then you will need to call the police - but at the moment it is too soon to do so.
Your partner should try and ensure that in future he ensures that she doe snot come in to the house at all - if she pushes her way in then clearly that will be a different matter
I do understand that very real fears you have - but as I said at the moment there is nothing you can do - except try not to give her the satisfaction of knowing how much she has frightened you
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.