Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I need to make a claim from a UK supplier via the small claims

I need to make a claim from a UK supplier via the small claims procedure. As a uk citizen living in France, can I do this or do I have to be a UK resident to use the small claims facility?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Do you have a UK address you can use for documents to be sent to please?

Customer:

Yes, my daughter's. Will that do?

Customer:

Sorry, didn't realise I had to wait there for a discussion.

Joshua :

Joshua :

If you have access to a UK address for correspondence then you can consider issuing online using the UK small claims service. You will need to specify your daughters address as your care of address for service of documents and ensure that your daughter passes on any documents promptly.

Joshua :

If this is available to you you can issue using the online service: https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Joshua :

Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help you with any further?

Customer:

That's great and confirms what I had thought / hoped. Many thanks

Joshua :

A pleasure.

Joshua :

Good luck with your claim. If I can assist any further as the situation develops please do not hesitate to revert to me

Joshua :

If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to rate my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though