13262538

my husband is cheating on me and not sure what to do? I work

Customer Question

my husband is cheating on me and not sure what to do? I work as a childminder term time only approx income £1000 a year as we agreed when we married (2006) that I would be s stay a home mum. I do not know what to do whether separation or divorce as he supports me financially. He is still seeing her as he says he loves her but still loves me and doesn't know who to choose. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks ann
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and how much does your husband earn?
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Children are 7 & 3
Mortgage is £60,000 with 14 yrs left to pay amount per month is £300
His wage is about £40000
We have 2 cars and the general stuff in the house - we have separate savings plus my savings include money the kids have been given about £5,000
House was bought for £230,000 in 2006
How much does a cheaper three bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£170,000
I should have asked - what do YOU want to happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to keep my marriage and family, he wants to see if his new relationship will develop so doesn't want a divorce.
Is he willing to move out while he makes his decision?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He's mentioned it but I don't know if he will he doesn't want kids to know
If you separate you will be able to remain in the property until your youngest child is 18 - or sell the house a but a cheaper one so that there is no mortgage.
His child maintenance will be 20% of his gross income and possibly also spouse maintenance
The starting point is your you to decide what YOU want and then to act on it.
What your husband is asking of you is not fair and you need to challenge him on it - and ask that at the very least he attends couple counselling with you - or, if you decide you no longer wish to remain with him, to attend Family mediation to discuss the terms of separation
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If my husband moves out into rented accommodation can I change the locks on our house to stop him coming back when I'm not there
Unfortunately he is entitled to return to the matrimonial home whenever he wishes so unless you lose your keys no you cannot change the locks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So how do I stop him bringing his slut into our family home whilst we are on holiday for 5 days. Can I leave my key in the door. Thanks
You can do that - but he is entitled to break in if he so wishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is now sending messages to me claiming to be my husband (I know it's not him as he has told me it's her and the way the message is written) can I take legal action against her to protect our kids? My husband has told me she is psychotic and I really need to protect myself and the kids.He still wants to separate but is looking at a house with her in her town of Nottingham. Thanks Ann
Is she using his phone?
clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes she is
Then there is nothing you can do as you cannot prove that it is her - I am sorry