12826847

I am a taxi driver in Cornwall and did a trip to Bristol Airport

I am a taxi driver in Cornwall and did a trip to Bristol Airport a couple of weekends ago. I have received two speeding tickets for the same journey, is this correct as I have been told that as it was just one journey, I am not supposed to get more than one speeding penalty.
Not if you passed two different points of enforcement. The law doesn't actually require you to pass a device for the offence to be made out. You could contest it on the basis that you mention but you would probably lose I'm afraid.
You could try appealing this on the basis that it was one continuous act rather than two events of speeding. There isn't any case law covering that specific point.
The risk you would face is that they would charge you with driving without due care and attention on the basis that it is aggravated by the fact of elongated speeding.
Also, to appeal it you would have to judicially review any adverse decision of the Magistrates which would cost thousands.
Sorry if that is bad news.