12826847

How do I commence a harassment claim against a neighbour who

Customer Question

How do I commence a harassment claim against a neighbour who has been making false complaints about me, has been verbally abusive and shouting and police has been informed twice about his behaviour. He is cross that I intend to put up a fence which would spoil his view,

How many false complaints?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 false and very significant complaints to police by him .4 visits to my front door shouting and being abusive. on several occasions he has been seen walking in my grounds which exited to a large a large area. he has removed and thrown my boundary pegs following a survey carried out at a cost to me

What was the outcome of the complaints to the police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

visit by police to us twice followed by verbal. warning to him not to approach us .

So the result of his allegations was that he was warned by the police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes that is correct. He continues to walk at the back of my house and take pictures in order to harass us. There is a public footpath at the front but he wouldn't use it. He has confirmed in writing that the police has asked him not to approach us! hence chose to write a letter disputing boundaries etc. The boundary issue is now being dealt via the solicitor , he has now chosen to stare at us several times a day and walk at the back of my house everyday(recorded on cctv)

Will the police not just give him a harassment warning?
Or is that what you mean he was on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure what is the type of warning police have given him, he states in his letter that they have asked him not to approach us. Since then he has stopped turning up at our front door or shouting at us but has chosen to take a path through a field at the back of my house several times a day, taking pictures and videos of me an my family

Yes, he is on a harassment warning.
Have you told the police he is doing this? It seems to me to be a breach?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No haven't told the police as feel have troubled them enough and their warning has only been partially effective.will consider informing the police again thank you
That is very definitely the right thing to do. He is on a harassment warning and these are breaches.
You can also sue him in the civil courts for the tort of harassment. That would achieve an injunction but it wouldn't do much more than the harassment warning that the police have already issued.
I would use the warning that you have at least before incurring expense.
This is clear harassment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you

No problem.
All the best.