29905560

Is there any way according to law that i can insist on dressing

Customer Question

Is there any way according to law that i can insist on dressing the same as the other women in my choir, I am forced into wearing a tux as I sing tenor.
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Sadly there are no laws that can help you in this situation. The only relevant laws would have been those related to discrimination, if due to your gender you were being treated less favourably when compared to a member of the opposite sex. However, in this case you are all of the same sex and there is no issue of discrimination. It is not like the women are being treated differently or less favourably than the men - so the only potentially relevant law would not apply in this case. There would be nothing else available that you can use to try and change the way you are being treated and it would be a matter of negotiation with the people that make the decisions.

Ben Jones :

I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you wanted to hear but I hope you understand I have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands and sometimes this does unfortunately mean delivering bad news from time to time. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether you need further help or if I can close the question? Thank you