Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have copies of both autoroute 2010 and streets and trips

I have copies of both autoroute 2010 and streets and trips 2010 which I find very useful for planning trip timing in both the UK and the USA. I am aware that the software is now discontinued but can I get licence keys for the above products?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I clarify if you are willing in principle to pay for licences or if you are seeking a further licence for free please?

Customer:

Prepared to pay for licence on each if required.

Joshua :

Thanks. As you say the software has been discontinued and unfortunately no further licences can be purchased for the software. However that does not mean that existing licences do not remain valid.

Joshua :

Because it is no longer possible to buy new copies of the software or buy new licences, the only way to acquire the software legally is by purchasing a second-hand copy if you have run out of your own licences for your existing software

Joshua :

Ebay is the obvious forum to find such software and a quick search reveals a few copies available at present though not at the moment for 2010 version.

Joshua :

However copies for 2004 and 2006 versions are presently available and you could consider setting a search alert to alert you as soon as the 2010 products are available.

Joshua :

As you say, the software is now outdated and as you will be aware, many arguably superior mapping products are now available free of charge on the Internet - though I do recall Autoroute and I agree with you it was a good product.

Customer:

Will trty that again, many thanks.

Joshua :

Microsoft recommends its replacement product http://www.bing.com/maps/ which provides directions using up to date maps which can be printed out. Of course Google has a more famous offering with its mapping service too which agains available for free online