Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

How can I tell the difference between a restriction order and

How can I tell the difference between a restriction order and a charging order by examining the register of title?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you please give me a little more information please?

I'm not sure what you mean by a "restriction order"? (You can register a Restriction on someone's title).

Do you have a copy of the Official Copies?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Al,

You are right,I probably mean a Restriction has been registered on my property in 2007.

Yes I do have a copy of register of the title.

Rgds Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply.

A Restriction is registered to protect a party's interest (usually a financial interest) in the property- there are different types of Restrictions but all of them will make it a requirement of the owner of the property to obtain a third party's consent or provide notice to the third party before any Sale of the property.

A Charging Order is confirmation that a third party has a financial interest in the property, and can only be registered on the title after the third party has been to Court and an Order made that the third party is owed money by the property owner.

This is an overview, and let me know if you have any specific questions.

Kind Regards

Al